If you have enthusiasm, a positive attitude, love to talk to people and have a deep desire to leave a positive legacy on the world, then we have a great opportunity for you.
Dear Prospective Tribe leader,
First of all, thanks for taking the time to visit our site. It’s our hope you have precisely what we need in an employee so we can take this page down immediately and put you to work in the fun and rewarding job we have available.
So, let us tell you about ourselves, Cornerstone Strength & Conditioning and the job.
Our names are Sam and Michael, and we are the proud owners of Cornerstone Strength & Conditioning in Adamstown, Newcastle.
We started Cornerstone because we felt like we had an opportunity and duty to share what we know with our community, and build a 2nd home for our clients which catered for all of their health and wellness needs. We currently educate, motivate and support just over 80 clients for both Private and Small Group training and we need more help. Most people want the quick fix when it comes to health and fitness, but the name Cornerstone came about as we wanted to help people build solid foundations from which they could then build their healthy pyramid. And strong foundations start with laying the Corner Stone. We're here to be a knowledge center, a positive influence on our community and to change the world in which we and our clients live.
We're looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, and energetic person to start training some of our current clients at our facility in Adamstown. Our clients come from a variety of training backgrounds and we offer a variety of advice to improve their health and fitness.
We are building a community and environment to change the way in which we live, for others to change the way they live, and to change the world in which we all live. If you are hired for this position, the specific role and the hours associated with it will vary depending on your experience, goals and ability to create value. We are about creating opportunities for our clients, and our staff are no different, however we are also looking for a person who will create their own opportunities. If you're looking for a role which gives you the opportunity and freedom to grow, then we would love to talk to you.
If you are hired for this opportunity, you'll be required to undertake an onboarding trial process before being fully integrated. This process may vary depending on the candidate.
To create raving fans of Cornerstone S&C by skillfully delivering an interesting, innovative and enjoyable training experience for EVERY client which fosters a strong sense of community, and by being the friendly face and positive energy EVERY person see’s when they walk in or leave the gym.
What’s at your core?
Friendliness and positivity – Being a positive influence on those around you and inspiring others through passion.
Commitment to Quality and Excellence – Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
Honesty and integrity – Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Speaks plainly and truthfully.
Work ethic – Possesses a strong willingness to work hard to get the job done. Has a track record of working hard.
Teamwork & Communication – Communicates effectively and clearly with all and cooperates to establish an collaborative working relationship.
Flexibility/adaptability – Learns and adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
Calm Under Pressure – Maintains stable performance when under heavy pressure or stress.
Efficiency – Able to product significant output with minimal wasted effort.
These are the skills you must already have to qualify for this position:
- Certificate 3 & 4 in Fitness (and associated First Aid certificates).
- 12 months working and training clients in the health and fitness industry.
- You must have an AUSTRALIAN working visa to apply
- Preferably have an ABN.
- Good personality/etiquette: You will be talking with our clients, who are VERY important to us, and prospective clients, who are also important. You must be comfortable conversing on the phone, in person, and through email. You must know how to conduct yourself professionally, take clear messages and deliver clear instructions to the prospect or client. We’ll teach you everything you need to say and do, but we can’t teach you manners and professionalism.
- Thoughtfulness and organisation: We need you to be able to think for yourself and be organised. We are very serious about this one. We do not want a robot, we want someone who learns, can take the initiative and grow with us.
If you have these additional skills, that's advantageous, but remember we are looking for the right person, not the most qualified.
- Degree or training in other health and fitness areas (ie Exercise Science, Physio, S&C, Movement, Martial Arts etc)
- Experience working with teams, athletes, kids or other specific populations
How To Apply
We're looking to hire the right person ASAP. If this job sounds good to you, follow these instructions now.
Here’s what we want from you.
NOTE: Failure to follow these instructions will result in your resume going in the circular file. This is your first test!
- Write us a cover letter explaining why you are the perfect person to fill this position. Include full contact information (name, address, phone, email) on this cover letter.
- Provide a resume detailing your experience
- On a separate sheet of paper list at least three references with phone numbers and what your relationship is with each referee (i.e. previous employer, college professor, etc.).
- Staple the documents together in the order above with the cover letter on top.
- Visit us at Cornerstone Strength & Conditioning, 4/10 William St, Adamstown, 2289 and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will review your resume. If we feel you’re a good prospect, we’ll call or email you to set up a personal interview.
The sooner we get your resume, the better. This will not be a long, drawn out process. We believe in taking action quickly so get your resume over to us pronto! We look forward to reviewing it and hopefully meeting you personally. Again, thanks very much for your interest,
Sam & Michael
P.S. This is not a corporate type of structured job. We are entrepreneurial small business owners and move quickly to capitalise on opportunities. This is not the type of job where just showing up is enough. We want nothing more than to find a person who takes real interest in doing good work and contributing to the growth of the business. If that's you, we promise that this is only the starting point.