If you have enthusiasm, a positive attitude, love to talk to people and a few basic skills, then we have a great opportunity for you.
Dear Prospective Employee,
First of all, thanks for taking the time to visit our site. It’s our hope you have precisely what we need in an employee so we can take this page down immediately and put you to work in the fun and rewarding job we have available.
So, let us tell you about ourselves, Cornerstone Strength & Conditioning and the job.
Our names are Sam and Michael, and we are the proud owners of Cornerstone Strength & Conditioning in Adamstown, Newcastle.
We started Cornerstone because we felt like we had an opportunity and duty to share what we know with our community, and build a 2nd home for our clients which catered for all of their health and wellness needs. We currently service just over 40 clients for both Private and Group training and expect this to continue growing. Most people want the quick fix when it comes to health and fitness, but the name Cornerstone came about as we wanted to help people build solid foundations from which they could then build their pyramid. And strong foundations start with laying the Cornerstone. We re here to be a knowledge center and positive influence on our community.
Our facility is located at 4/10 William St, Adamstown, right behind Pet Stock and Dogoverboard.
If you are hired for this job, you'll need to come to the office ****list the schedule, days, hours, you’ll want someone to work>. <also list again the salary that will be paid, and note the length of trial period if you’ll have one.****
To enrich our clients experience and create raving fans by being the friendly face and positive energy EVERY person see’s when they first walk in or leave the gym, to keep everyone up to date on all administrative matters and to see and solve problems without being asked.
1) Convert 80% of enquiries to consultations
2) Provide 5 lead touches within 1 week of initial contact
3) Respond to all emails/phone calls the same day
4) Timely and accurate delivery and analysis of weekly reports
5) All data entered in an accurate and timely manner.
6) Events planned at a minimum 4 weeks in advance
7) Deliver 1 presentation each month to staff on something that could improve the business or client experience.
What’s at your core?
Friendliness and positivity – Being a positive influence on those around you and inspiring others through passion.
Commitment to Quality and Excellence – Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
Honesty and integrity – Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Speaks plainly and truthfully.
Work ethic – Possesses a strong willingness to work hard to get the job done. Has a track record of working hard.
Teamwork & Communication – Communicates effectively and clearly with peers and cooperates with others to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
Flexibility/adaptability – Learns and adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
Calm Under Pressure – Maintains stable performance when under heavy pressure or stress.
Efficiency – Able to product significant output with minimal wasted effort.
These are the skills you must already have to qualify for this position: <Personalise this list however you like>.
- Microsoft Word and Excel. You must be very comfortable using Word and Excel. We don’t do anything advanced with this software, just some simple spreadsheets, but you must be comfortable doing what I need you to do.
- Good phone personality/etiquette: You will be talking with my customers, who are VERY important to us, and prospective customers, who are also important. You must be comfortable conversing on the phone, in person, and through email. You must know how to conduct yourself professionally, take clear messages and deliver clear instructions to the prospect or client. We’ll teach you everything you need to say and do, but we can’t teach you manners and professionalism.
- Email: A great deal of your work will be via email and other web-based programs, so you will need to be comfortable and know your way around the internet, email and various online tools/programs.
- Thoughtfulness and organisation: We need you to be able to think for yourself and be organised. We are very serious about this one. We do not want a robot, we want someone who learns, can take the initiative and grow with us.
- ****Personalise with any other tasks they’ll be expected to perform here, along with a brief description of the task and what will be expected. You may choose to add/delete what we’ve shown you here as necessary. NOTE this call comes from your job description!****
If you have these additional skills, your resume will go right to the top of the stack (but if you don’t have these skills, you should still apply because they are not mandatory).
- List any bonus skills you’d like someone to have here by bullet point. This is not mandatory, so if you don’t have any, don’t worry about it.
How To Apply
We're looking to hire the right person by ***deadline*** at the latest. If this job sounds good to you, follow these instructions now.
Here’s what we want from you.
NOTE: Failure to follow these instructions will result in your resume going in the circular file. This is your first test, okay?
- Write us a letter explaining why you are the perfect person to fill this position. Include full contact information (name, address, phone, email) on this cover letter.
- Provide a resume detailing your experience
- On a separate sheet of paper list at least three references with phone numbers and what your relationship is with each referee (i.e. previous employer, college professor, etc.).
- Staple the documents together in the order above with the cover letter on top.
- Mail to:
Cornerstone Strength & Conditioning
4/10 William St, Adamstown, 2289>
- Email to: email@example.com
We will review your resume. If we feel you’re a good prospect, we’ll call or email you to set up a personal interview.
The sooner I get your resume, the better. This will not be a long, drawn out process. We believe in taking action quickly so get your resume over to me pronto! I look forward to reviewing it and hopefully meeting you personally.
Again, thanks very much for your interest,
Sam & Michael
P.S. This is not a corporate type of structured job. We are entrepreneurial small business owners and move quickly to capitalise on opportunities. This is not the type of job where just showing up is enough. Performance is everything to us. If you perform, you will be rewarded. We want nothing more than to find a person who takes real interest in doing good work and contributing to the growth of the business. If that's you, we promise that $25/hour is only the starting point. We recognise and reward performance.
With all that said, as I mentioned in the headline on this page, enthusiasm and a positive attitude go a long way in our books. As long as you have the basic skills we mentioned, and a great attitude, you’re definitely a candidate! So send us your resume today!